- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
- We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
What information do we collect?
We collect information about you when you provide it to us and when you use US Compliance Academy, as described below.
Information you provide to us
We collect information about you that you provide to us:
- Basic Account information: If you register for a US Compliance Academy account, we collect your name and e-mail address.
- Payment information: If you sign up for a US Compliance Academy service, we collect your payment information.
- Communications with us: If you contact us via the Contact form, e-mail or social media, this information is collected.
Information we collect automatically
We also collect some information automatically:
- Logs: Like most services, we log access to our services in log files. This data includes date and time of access, IP address, browser user agent and the page visited.
- Usage information: We collect information on how you are using US Compliance Academy.
Information we receive from other sources
In using Google Analytics, US Compliance Academy employs the “anonymizeIp” feature which masks part of your IP address before storing or processing it.
Our Google Analytics is configured to disable all data sharing options (i.e. our Google Analytics data is not shared with other Google products and services). Google Analytics’ advertising features are also disabled (i.e. Remarketing and Advertising Reporting features).
You can disable Google Analytics tracking completely by using the Google Analytics Opt-out browser add-on.
How do we use this information?
We use the information mentioned above:
- To provide and personalize US Compliance Academy: We use your information to provide services to you (e.g. monitoring alerts) and to personalize your US Compliance Academy experience.
- To communicate with you about US Compliance Academy: We use your contact information to send you e-mail directly relating to US Compliance Academy (e.g. account validation, onboarding, PRO subscription, monitored page alerts). If you have opted-in, we also send you other non-essential US Compliance Academy e-mail (e.g. Newsletter, Tips and Insights, Promotions). You can change your communications settings from the User Settings page.
- To resolve customer support issues: When you contact us for support, we may use your information to help resolve your problem.
- To improve US Compliance Academy: We use usage information and customer feedback to identify issues with US Compliance Academy and make improvements to the service.
- To monitor and prevent security issues with US Compliance Academy: We use logs and usage information to monitor for suspicious or fraudulent activity.
Do we share this information?
We do not share, sell, rent or trade your private personal information with third parties without your consent, except in the following circumstances:
- Service Providers working on our behalf (Sub-processors): We use third-party Service Providers to provide specific services for US Compliance Academy. The following third-parties have limited access to your information:
- Stripe, Inc (United States): Payment processing.
- PayPal, Inc (United States): Payment processing.
- To comply with Laws: If we receive a request for information, we may disclose information if we reasonably believe disclosure is in accordance with or required by any applicable law, regulation or legal process.
How do we store and secure this information?
We follow generally accepted standards to store and protect the personal data we collect, both during transmission and once received and stored, including utilization of encryption where appropriate.
We retain personal data only for as long as necessary to provide the Services you have requested and thereafter for a variety of legitimate legal or business purposes.
These might include retention periods:
- mandated by law, contract or similar obligations applicable to our business operations;
- for preserving, resolving, defending or enforcing our legal/contractual rights;
- or needed to maintain adequate and accurate business and financial records.
We do not store credit card information or any other sensitive information on our own servers.
If you have any questions about the security or retention of your personal data, you can contact us.
Update and deletion of information
If you created an account online with us, to easily access, view, update, delete or export your personal data (where available), or to update your subscription preferences, please sign into your Account and visit “Account Settings.”
If you make a request to delete your personal data and that data is necessary for the products or services you have purchased, the request will be honored only to the extent it is no longer necessary for any Services purchased or required for our legitimate business purposes or legal or contractual record keeping requirements.
If you are unable for any reason to access your Account Settings or you were manually onboarded with one of our services, you may also contact us by one of the methods described in the “Contact Us” section below.
If you would like to update/delete specific data or completely delete your account, please contact us. Note that we may need to retain certain information for record keeping purposes.
How to contact us
US Compliance Academy
Lake Forest, CA 92630
Change log May 25th, 2018: First revision